Monday, January 25, 2010

One Year Book of Hope Week 2 Day 1

Lord, before I even start my devotional today, I ask you for patience, wisdom and discernment today. This is the day that I am going to start potty training my son. I know it's going to be full of accidents and I know that I'm going to become weary of him not understanding as fast as I want him to. Please help me remember the patience that You show me each day when I make mistakes and sin. Help me to remember the grace and patience that You have always shown me so I can reflect that to my son. Thank You, Father. Amen

Jesus knew what it was to grieve. We always see paintings or pictures of Him as this serene, serious person, but the Bible shows that He experienced the full range of human emotions. It really does make me feel better to know that God not only knows what I'm experiencing, but He has experienced it Himself. He doesn't identify with me in some abstract way. He knows what it is like to experience pain because He's been through it himself. There have been time I thought that no one cared or understood me, but now I know that's not true. I have found amazing resources, both from books and online, that deal with infertility. I have found fellowship with other women who are in similar situations and will listen whenever I have a complaint or question, and especially when I need prayer. Most importantly, I know that no matter what I'm experiencing, God is right here with me.

Isaiah 53 tells of the many ways Jesus suffered. It says He was despised and rejected (3), pierced, crushed, beaten, and whipped (5), oppressed and treated harshly (7), unjustly condemned, not cared about, killed without ever having children, and struck down (8), and buried like a criminal despite the fact that He had done no wrong (9). Jesus responded to the suffering by never saying a word and not opening his mouth (7). I can relate to His suffering physically most. I deal with my disease each day and while it generally does not cause me pain, it is still a trial. I can also relate to not having children. Although I have my wonderful son, I still long for more and it pains me to think that it might not happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment