Saturday, January 30, 2010

One Year Book of Hope Week 2 Weekend

Reflection
Jesus please show me your sorrows. You are a companion when I grieve, for You have also grieved. You submitted, in obedience to the Father's will, though it caused you pain and suffering. Help me to follow your example and obey the Father, even though it might cause me pain and suffering as well.

Meditation
Lord, when I read Hebrews 5:7-8, I can see you pleading with the Father. I picture the tears streaming down your face, your voice breaking as you ask Him to take the cup from you. I hear your voice hitching as you fervently pray that not Your will, but the Father's be done. I see the dismay and loneliness on your face when you find your disciples asleep. Lord, I know that You see every tear that I cry and weep with me. I will obey You, though it may take me through dark places of grief.

Prayer
Father, I praise You for saving me! Without the suffering and death of Your son, I would be condemned. You are the heavenly orchestrator of all things and can bring hope from despair. You alone can turn grief into dancing. Thank You for having mercy on me and always being with me and everyone who grieves. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment